Sure we all want to get out of things now and then. At the end of the week we get tired. We are all stressed, overworked, underpaid, underappreciated, and just want some time to ourselves. There are times when we have to do things that we wouldn't normally do. But how do you get out of it? How do you let someone down and get out of something, or get something you really want?
There are several things to remember.
1. Never lie. People can smell this a mile away. And now with social media, your motives and acts will be found out with the speed of light.
2. Don't blame someone else for your decision. If you don't want to go somewhere, just say you don't want to go. Don't come up with some cockamamie story about how it is the other person's fault.
3. Make it up to the other person as soon as you can. Replace the thing you don't want to do with something else that person enjoys.
4. Don't be selfish. Making excuses that always benefit you and take away from others is a relationship killer. And,
5. God is watching, If the excuse won't fly with Him, don't try to make it work on someone else. Always be fair and honest in the way you treat others. He will reward you in the end.
So, right now I have to go and walk my pet turtle. He gets cranky when I spend too much time with other people. And you don't really know what I'm doing anyway... but God does!
Until next time:
Peace to you and yours,
Have this blog delivered right to your Kindle!
Tweet me @LorettaLea
Re-Inventing the Impossible
Jesus is my Life Coach!